Rich inside a small cave in one of the Redwoods - there is a tree that has been hollowed out so that cars can actually drive through it - we didn't go there but we saw the brochure.
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
The Long Trip Home
We woke up to a very wet morning - I liked the shape our tent left - thank goodness we were camping under the Redwood trees - I can't imagine how wet we would have been without the shelter of their canopy.
Where we camped the forest was in it's second growth - so we drove to the original growth forest just 5 miles down the road. This is a picture of our car parked beside an average sized redwood tree. - either our car is pretty tiny or that tree is monstrous.
I wish the camera could capture just how tall these trees were - really it was worth all the extra driving for the 45 min hike we took through the forest.

Rich inside a small cave in one of the Redwoods - there is a tree that has been hollowed out so that cars can actually drive through it - we didn't go there but we saw the brochure.
I am standing next to a fallen tree - the roots were humongous.
Starting our way home. Home to our babies and our own beds.
Whack a mole anyone? - just at a rest stop in Oregon.
We saw this driving home on the Interstate near Eugene Oregon and thought the boys would love it.
Rich inside a small cave in one of the Redwoods - there is a tree that has been hollowed out so that cars can actually drive through it - we didn't go there but we saw the brochure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That looks like an awesome trip. What a great time to do that right before another little one comes along. I'm sure you had some great memories... I'm a little jealous.
looks like you guys had a great trip.
Post a Comment